Seeking a well rounded Network Technician for an established IT company in Brick, NJ. Candidate will be responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing small business LAN and WAN networks as well as troubleshooting individual computer hardware and software issues. Candidate should also be able to provision new networks, servers and workstation equipment. This may include any or all issues related to network wiring, TCP/IP communication, internet connectivity & routing, server applications and configuration, workstation applications and configuration, VoIP phone equipment, IP camera equipment and typical CPE equipment. Candidate must have a working knowledge of LAN and WAN implementations, PC repair and possess strong customer service skills. Field Work will be necessary.
- Provide support for networking devices, Voice and Data communications as well as other network peripherals such as common small business switches, routers and network printers.
- Responding to on site or remote client requests for or network and help desk support
- Perform scheduled maintenance on client equipment
- Perform new installation of computer and network equipment
- Provide basic residential type computer repair services to walk-in residential customers
- Associates degree, Technical school certification or certifications from major industry vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, etc.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience providing help desk support and/or network administration duties
- Basic knowledge of computer repair such as: supporting all current releases of Windows Operating System, Virus/Malware/Spyware detection and removal, experience providing help desk support to users via telephone/email/remotely
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, Microsoft exchange server application (current versions) , Microsoft Windows Client Operating Systems (current versions), Microsoft Office Suites (current version) specifically Microsoft Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of routers, switches, access points, network printers and other common small business network devices.
- Must has a working knowledge and strong a grasp of networking principles such as TCP/IP, DNS, Windows Networking, Network Printing, Internet Routing, etc…
- Experience with IP phones systems and or IP camera systems is a plus.
- MUST be personable and possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to concisely explain computer issues to customers, in laymen or non-technical terms, is a must.
- Availability M-F from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM and have on-call weekend availability
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
- Must pass a criminal background check
BENEFITS OF COMPUTER NETWORK TECHNICIAN
- Competitive Compensation
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation Days
Compensation commensurate on candidate’s level of skill and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $28.00 per hour